Minimum of 7 years’ experience
We are a world class brand, design and marketing consultancy looking for an Account Director to join our wonderful team.
We work with some of the best brands in the world and we expect all the people who work with us to consider themselves as ‘creatives’ and demonstrate superhuman powers.
Brand design and food packaging experience is essential.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a busy studio environment
- To have worked in a packaging-led agency
- A love of brand, design, packaging, print, copy, digital, production, photography etc
- An excellent knowledge of marketing strategies
- Exceptional people and diplomacy skills
- The ability to think on your feet and solve problems before others have even realised thesomething to solve
- An inquisitive nature, an open mind and lots of common sense
- A strategic approach to business growth
- To be an organisational and spreadsheet whizz
- To be willing to roll up your sleeves
- Being responsible for farming targets for your clients, actively scouting out new briefs
- Being responsible for all your clients’ proposals, budgeting and their overall profitability
- Developing relationships with your client teams to give high level project advice and to remove any blockages
- Understanding your clients’ and their competitors’ business offerings
- Providing consultative advice and challenging briefs when required
- Working closely with our strategy team, playing a lead role in the making of strategic decisions
- Playing an important role in new business – meeting and building relationships with potential clients who come through our door, costing, budgeting and winning these
- Delivering show-stopping rebrands across a range of client categories
- Leading your team from the front
- Strengthening your AM team by being responsible for their training and development, from on-boarding to appraisals and objectives
- Keeping projects across all of your accounts on track, be that commercially, creatively or from a relationship perspective
- Ensuring we continue to build and maintain a fabulous culture at big fish and make it the best place to work in the world
- Keep us earning, learning and having fun!
Why work at big fish?
- We never creatively pitch and don’t believe in giving away work for free.
- We have excellent opportunities for progression so everyone has the chance to grow.
- We choose to only work with clients we respect, admire and whose products and services we’d consume ourselves.
- We’re dedicated to helping impact the climate emergency in everything we do.
- We’re working hard to develop the most effective approach to hybrid working – currently a split of home and our fabulous riverside office.
- Your birthday off, a week off in the summer, time off between Christmas and New Year, a day off for volunteering (on top of your holiday allowance!) and a company-wide profit share and healthcare scheme.
We offer flexi hours and virtual working*
In addition to standard holiday we give everyone their birthday off and a day to work for their favourite charity, and we never ask people to work between Christmas and New Year. This year we are closing the whole company for a week in the summer so we can all go and have a relaxing time doing whatever we fancy. We’re going to try and ensure we do this every year going forward.
Our vision, mission and values
- Our vision is to become globally respected for the advice we give and the results we achieve
- Our mission is to help start, transform and grow businesses that share our values and help positively impact the climate emergency.
- We value integrity, intelligence, creativity, kindness, a thirst for knowledge, bravery, independence, diversity, mutuality, people who speak truth to power, those who strive for better, and most importantly, people’s right to a happy, healthy work life balance.
Our mantra is…
Think big, dive deep, swim fast
* Please note that there are a few roles at big fish where we cannot offer virtual working such as PA and Office Manager roles where we need people in the office 5 days a week.