Minimum of 10 years’ experience
A highly experienced Design Director who creates challenging, unconventional design work that defies trends and wows clients and fellow designers alike.
What we’re looking for
Brilliant art direction skills
Experience in art directing photo shoots and illustration
Strong typography with a keen eye for colour and form
A great communicator who can present ideas confidently
A love of being part of a team
Ability and vision to design across all media platforms
Experience in print processes and the technical side of design.
Expertise in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Docs and Google Slides
A portfolio packed full of fabulous packaging and identity projects
Great communication and leadership skills
Creative standard-bearer, flying the flag for the quality of our output
Creating beautiful design work: painting, drawing, filming, recording…
Taking control of the most complex and strategic problems that we work on
Mentoring less experienced members of the team
Working closely with clients and selling our ideas
Presenting work both internally and to our clients
Why work at big fish?
- We never creatively pitch and don’t believe in giving away work for free.
- We have excellent opportunities for progression so everyone has the chance to grow.
- We choose to only work with clients we respect, admire and whose products and services we’d consume ourselves.
- We’re dedicated to helping impact the climate emergency in everything we do.
- We’re working hard to develop the most effective approach to hybrid working – currently a split of home and our fabulous riverside office.
- Your birthday off, a week off in the summer, time off between Christmas and New Year, a day off for volunteering (on top of your holiday allowance!) and a company-wide profit share and healthcare scheme.
We offer flexi hours and virtual working*
In addition to standard holiday we give everyone their birthday off and a day to work for their favourite charity, and we never ask people to work between Christmas and New Year. This year we are closing the whole company for a week in the summer so we can all go and have a relaxing time doing whatever we fancy. We’re going to try and ensure we do this every year going forward.
Our vision, mission and values
- Our vision is to become globally respected for the advice we give and the results we achieve
- Our mission is to help start, transform and grow businesses that share our values and help positively impact the climate emergency.
- We value integrity, intelligence, creativity, kindness, a thirst for knowledge, bravery, independence, diversity, mutuality, people who speak truth to power, those who strive for better, and most importantly, people’s right to a happy, healthy work life balance.
Our mantra is…
Think big, dive deep, swim fast
* Please note that there are a few roles at big fish where we cannot offer virtual working such as PA and Office Manager roles where we need people in the office 5 days a week.