Minimum of 10 years’ experience
A highly experienced Design Director who creates challenging, unconventional design work that defies trends and wows clients and fellow designers alike.
What we’re looking for
- Great taste
- Brilliant art direction skills
- Experience in art directing photo shoots and illustration
- Strong typography with a keen eye for colour and form
- A great communicator who can present ideas confidently
- A love of being part of a team
- Ability and vision to design across all media platforms
- Experience in print processes and the technical side of design
- Expertise in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Docs and Google Slides
- A portfolio packed full of fabulous packaging and identity projects
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Creative standard-bearer, flying the flag for the quality of our output
- Creating beautiful design work: painting, drawing, filming, recording…
- Taking control of the most complex and strategic problems that we work on
- Mentoring less experienced members of the team
- Working closely with clients and selling our ideas
- Presenting work both internally and to our clients
Why work at big fish?
- We never creatively pitch and don’t believe in giving away work for free.
- We have excellent opportunities for progression so everyone has the chance to grow.
- We choose to only work with clients we respect, admire and whose products and services we’d consume ourselves.
- We’re dedicated to helping impact the climate emergency in everything we do.
- We’re working hard to develop the most effective approach to hybrid working – currently a split of home and our fabulous riverside office.
- Your birthday off, a week off in the summer, time off between Christmas and New Year, a day off for volunteering (on top of your holiday allowance!) and a company-wide profit share and healthcare scheme.
We offer flexi hours and virtual working*
In addition to standard holiday we give everyone their birthday off and a day to work for their favourite charity, and we never ask people to work between Christmas and New Year. This year we are closing the whole company for a week in the summer so we can all go and have a relaxing time doing whatever we fancy. We’re going to try and ensure we do this every year going forward.
Our vision, mission and values
- Our vision is to become globally respected for the advice we give and the results we achieve
- Our mission is to help start, transform and grow businesses that share our values and help positively impact the climate emergency.
- We value integrity, intelligence, creativity, kindness, a thirst for knowledge, bravery, independence, diversity, mutuality, people who speak truth to power, those who strive for better, and most importantly, people’s right to a happy, healthy work life balance.
Our mantra is…
Think big, dive deep, swim fast
* Please note that there are a few roles at big fish where we cannot offer virtual working such as PA and Office Manager roles where we need people in the office 5 days a week.