Minimum of 10 years experience
A highly experienced Design Director who creates challenging, unconventional design work that defies trends and wows clients and fellow designers alike.
What we’re looking for
Brilliant art direction skills
Experience in art directing photo shoots and illustration
Strong typography with a keen eye for colour and form
A great communicator who can present ideas confidently
A love of being part of a team
Ability and vision to design across all media platforms
Experience in print processes and the technical side of design.
Expertise in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Docs and Google Slides
A portfolio packed full of fabulous packaging and identity projects
Great communication and leadership skills
Creative standard-bearer, flying the flag for the quality of our output
Creating beautiful design work: painting, drawing, filming, recording…
Taking control of the most complex and strategic problems that we work on
Mentoring less experienced members of the team
Working closely with clients and selling our ideas
Presenting work both internally and to our clients
Why work at big fish?
- An independent family business hell bent on doing great work that makes a positive difference
- 25 year proven track record in world class consultancy
- We choose to only work with clients we respect, admire and whose products and services we’d consume ourselves.
- We never creatively pitch and don’t believe in giving away work for free.
- We occasionally invest in some of our clients and become partners with them.
- We’re lucky to have some incredibly talented people and amazing clients.
- We believe all businesses should be a force for good.
- We’re currently transforming our company into a BCorp.
- We’re dedicated to helping impact the climate emergency in everything we do.
- We strive to ensure everyone feels able to grow in their careers
- We believe that different ideas, perspectives and experiences fuel creativity and create a stronger, more vibrant working environment.
- We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion and identity.
- We have fabulous, spacious riverside offices that overlook the Thames with incredible views and wonderful light
We offer flexi hours and virtual working
In addition to standard holiday we give everyone their birthday off and a day to work for their favourite charity
We never ask people to work between Christmas and New Year. This year we closed the whole company for a week in the summer so we could all go and have a relaxing time doing whatever we fancied. We’re going to do it again next year too!
Our vision, mission and values
- Our vision is to become globally respected for the advice we give and the results we achieve
- Our mission is to help start, transform and grow businesses that share our values and help positively impact the climate emergency.
- We value integrity, intelligence, creativity, kindness, a thirst for knowledge, bravery, independence, diversity, mutuality, people who speak truth to power, those who strive for better, and most importantly, people’s right to a happy, healthy work life balance.
Our mantra is…
Think big, dive deep, swim fast