Office Manager and PA
Minimum of 3 years’ experience
£30-40k, full-time, 5 days a week at our offices in Chelsea Wharf, Lots Road, London SW10 0QJ.
What we’re looking for
As the go to “office Ninja of everything” you will sit at the heart of our wild and crazy business. This job requires someone who grabs life with both hands, is ruthlessly organised and super efficient whilst also being flexible, imaginative and incredibly charming. That’s right! We’re looking for another unicorn with magical powers who can help make things happen effortlessly.
Managing our founder’s hectic schedule as well helping as other senior individuals will mean you need to anticipate and tackle problems before they arise. (If you have psychic powers that would definitely be a bonus). Our business is full of very different people with very different personalities so you’ll need to be someone who loves people, thrives under pressure and isn’t afraid to face a challenge head-on. This job is about multi-tasking and getting stuff done quickly, efficiently and without any fuss.
You will be based in our riverside studio just a few minutes walk from the bustling Kings Road in Chelsea. You’ll have the chance to work side-by-side with our vibrant team of designers, artists, strategists and other creatives.
- You’ve got a proactive attitude and are always keen to jump in and help out
- You perform well under pressure; you’re robust, with a level head and plenty of common sense
- You’re detail-oriented and can pick up small mistakes and typos a mile off
- You’re numerate and have got great admin skills
- You’re tech savvy and can quickly pick up new systems. Experience with Slack, Google Suite, Zoom, Trello and Apple technology is desirable
- Managing the founder’s diary (which is fast-moving and always in demand). Also supporting the COO and Director of Business Ethics with diary management and ad hoc tasks from time to time.
- Keeping the whole of the big fish operation ship shape, tidy and client ready at all times enabling people to do their best work
- Dealing with the demands of multiple stakeholders and VIPs (internal and external) with equal parts charm and efficiency
- Thinking on your feet and solving problems before others have even realised there’s something to solve
Why work at big fish?
- We never creatively pitch and don’t believe in giving away work for free.
- We have excellent opportunities for progression so everyone has the chance to grow.
- We choose to only work with clients we respect, admire and whose products and services we’d consume ourselves.
- We’re dedicated to helping impact the climate emergency in everything we do.
- We’re working hard to develop the most effective approach to hybrid working – currently a split of home and our fabulous riverside office.
- Your birthday off, a week off in the summer, time off between Christmas and New Year, a day off for volunteering (on top of your holiday allowance!) and a company-wide profit share and healthcare scheme.
We offer flexi hours and virtual working*
In addition to standard holiday we give everyone their birthday off and a day to work for their favourite charity, and we never ask people to work between Christmas and New Year. This year we are closing the whole company for a week in the summer so we can all go and have a relaxing time doing whatever we fancy. We’re going to try and ensure we do this every year going forward.
Our vision, mission and values
- Our vision is to become globally respected for the advice we give and the results we achieve
- Our mission is to help start, transform and grow businesses that share our values and help positively impact the climate emergency.
- We value integrity, intelligence, creativity, kindness, a thirst for knowledge, bravery, independence, diversity, mutuality, people who speak truth to power, those who strive for better, and most importantly, people’s right to a happy, healthy work life balance.
Our mantra is…
Think big, dive deep, swim fast
* Please note that there are a few roles at big fish where we cannot offer virtual working such as PA and Office Manager roles where we need people in the office 5 days a week.