Senior Brand Strategist
Minimum of 7 years’ experience
Responsible for delivering world class advice to our clients in the areas of commercial brand strategy and marketing. We’re looking for a highly experienced, consumer obsessed strategist who is adept at facilitating and developing transformative brand strategies. Someone with extensive category experience who can commission research, analyse commercial data, surface knowledge from clients and our teams in order to develop compelling, results based brand strategies. You will need to be able to unearth actionable insights, formulate and present provocative and differentiating recommendations that help our clients grow as forces for good.
Your responsibilities would include evaluating prospective clients, co-creating proposals, conducting extensive research, analysing findings, making recommendations, designing and facilitating workshops, presenting to clients and briefing creatives.
What we’re looking for
An incredible person with superpowers who works in close collaboration with our new business team, account team, words team and creative team. We are looking for someone who will bring years of experience, flair, creativity and a startup mentality to the party.
We like to work in small teams where everyone is responsible and accountable for doing their bit. So, when it comes to managing people, your sleeves will need to be as rolled up as theirs.
If you call yourself a strategist that’s probably a good start. However, if you’ve actually delivered some successful brand transformations over your career then you’re almost home and dry. We’re looking for unicorns, someone who really knows what it’s like to sit in front of a suspicious, and occasionally cynical, client and who can convince them to think like a startup, ask their teams difficult questions and consider the environmental impacts their daily decisions have on the planet.
You will have plenty of stories to tell from the projects you’ve worked on in the past.
Experience in developing start-ups as well as reviving and reinvigorating mature businesses.
An open-minded, passionate individual with a thirst for knowledge who is comfortable speaking truth to power.
Be able to challenge without conflict and harness the collective genius in the process.
An understanding of consumer behavioural psychology and what insights creatives need to produce great work and the ability to deliver those insights – whether they come from consumer research, trend forecasting, commercial understanding or other sources
The ability to design and facilitate effective workshops that discover valuable information, pinpoint the right questions, and troubleshoot
Strategic outputs on projects
Creative briefs on projects
Coaching and mentoring
Why work at big fish?
- We never creatively pitch and don’t believe in giving away work for free.
- We have excellent opportunities for progression so everyone has the chance to grow.
- We choose to only work with clients we respect, admire and whose products and services we’d consume ourselves.
- We’re dedicated to helping impact the climate emergency in everything we do.
- We’re working hard to develop the most effective approach to hybrid working – currently a split of home and our fabulous riverside office.
- Your birthday off, a week off in the summer, time off between Christmas and New Year, a day off for volunteering (on top of your holiday allowance!) and a company-wide profit share and healthcare scheme.
We offer flexi hours and virtual working
In addition to standard holiday we give everyone their birthday off and a day to work for their favourite charity, and we never ask people to work between Christmas and New Year. Last year we closed the whole company for a week in the summer so we could all go and have a relaxing time doing whatever we fancied. We’re going to do it again this year too!
Our vision, mission and values
- Our vision is to become globally respected for the advice we give and the results we achieve
- Our mission is to help start, transform and grow businesses that share our values and help positively impact the climate emergency.
- We value integrity, intelligence, creativity, kindness, a thirst for knowledge, bravery, independence, diversity, mutuality, people who speak truth to power, those who strive for better, and most importantly, people’s right to a happy, healthy work life balance.
Our mantra is…
Think big, dive deep, swim fast