Minimum of 5 years experience
We are a dynamic and exciting brand and marketing consultancy working with looking for an exceptional Studio Manager to join our incredible team.
As the Studio Manager you will be responsible for the management of our creative resources and the smooth delivery of all scheduled work. You are the point of day-to- day contact for Account Directors, Account Managers and senior stakeholders in the business, and a link between them and the creatives in the studio. We need you to be brilliant with people, resourceful and proactive while spinning many plates and planning who does what when. You have strong problem solving skills and the word “impossible” doesn’t exist for you!
Sipsmith, Freddie’s Flowers and Yeo Valley are just some of the companies that we’ve partnered with to build and help grow since being founded in 1994, and you could be working with fascinating brands just like these.
Our motto is ‘in good we trust’; we’re obsessed with improving the lives of our clients, each other, and the planet. We have applied to be BCorp and are awaiting approval of our application.
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience in creative services and resource management in a busy studio and demanding business environment.
- Working knowledge of design, packaging, print and production processes in terms of required resources and timings.
- An in-depth understanding of how to both achieve and develop project briefs to achieve clients’ needs and successful design.
- To be organised with a keen eye for detail and analysis – nothing goes unnoticed by you.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to motivate your team to include administration of annual and quarterly performance reviews.
- Balancing and managing our creative resourcing schedule.
- Ensuring all briefs are allocated within the team according to the creatives’ skills and strengths, management of workflow in design, words, production and web.
- Ensuring all work is delivered promptly and to deadlines.
- Compiling studio schedules and utilisation reporting for senior management meetings.
- Project quality control and assessment, and review and analysis.
- Consolidating and prioritising client needs.
- Collecting timesheets promptly.
- Booking freelance resource, other specialists and trusted ‘big fish associates’ (experts in specific fields) when required.
- Running the administration of design team appraisals in support of design/creative leads.
Why work at big fish?
- An independent family business hell bent on doing great work that makes a positive difference
- 25 year proven track record in world class consultancy
- We choose to only work with clients we respect, admire and whose products and services we’d consume ourselves.
- We never creatively pitch and don’t believe in giving away work for free.
- We occasionally invest in some of our clients and become partners with them.
- We’re lucky to have some incredibly talented people and amazing clients.
- We believe all businesses should be a force for good.
- We’re currently transforming our company into a BCorp.
- We’re dedicated to helping impact the climate emergency in everything we do.
- We strive to ensure everyone feels able to grow in their careers
- We believe that different ideas, perspectives and experiences fuel creativity and create a stronger, more vibrant working environment.
- We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion and identity.
- We have fabulous, spacious riverside offices that overlook the Thames with incredible views and wonderful light
We offer flexi hours and virtual working
In addition to standard holiday we give everyone their birthday off and a day to work for their favourite charity
We never ask people to work between Christmas and New Year. This year we closed the whole company for a week in the summer so we could all go and have a relaxing time doing whatever we fancied. We’re going to do it again next year too!
Our vision, mission and values
- Our vision is to become globally respected for the advice we give and the results we achieve
- Our mission is to help start, transform and grow businesses that share our values and help positively impact the climate emergency.
- We value integrity, intelligence, creativity, kindness, a thirst for knowledge, bravery, independence, diversity, mutuality, people who speak truth to power, those who strive for better, and most importantly, people’s right to a happy, healthy work life balance.
Our mantra is…
Think big, dive deep, swim fast